We can transform lives through our Catholic faith with your help. With the complications from the Covid-19 pandemic, support is needed now more than ever. Please join us in prayer and gifts of support for those who call upon us throughout our diocese.
“As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace.” 1 Peter 4:10
As a designated Mission Diocese, the Catholic Diocese of Lexington and our parishes raise money each year to provide for those we serve through missions and ministry throughout our 50-county geographic area. We walk alongside our brothers and sisters in mutual support and ask you to join us. All funds given to the Diocesan Annual Appeal are crucial to provide support for:
- Charitable outreach in the forms of food, clothing, counseling, and emergency assistance in Eastern and Central Kentucky
- Formation of a new generation of Priests and permanent deacons
- Sustaining parishes including parishes with missions in remote parts of the diocese
- Educating students in our Catholic schools
- Programs and ministries that are beyond the resources of any one individual parish that are shepherded by the Chancery office
“I give thanks to my God always on your account for the grace of God bestowed on you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Corinthians 1:4.
Our diocese encompasses 16,423 square miles with 59 parishes. Almost 40 of those parishes cannot pay for their operational and salary expenses from their offertory collections and fundraisers alone. Many of our parishes are in rural counties where less than 1% of the population are Catholic. While Catholics are low in number in these areas, the church is known as a source of comfort and support for all who are in need. We are called to thrive in all our parishes through evangelization and our service of others. The Diocese of Lexington is committed to maintain an active and highly visible Catholic presence in these counties by walking alongside our sister parishes and missions that need support to serve their local communities.