It can seem daunting to hear words like ‘holiness’ and ‘sanctity’. We might be tempted to think these concepts only apply to Bishops, Priests, and Nuns. But God calls each of us to a life of holiness. We are all invited to follow Him.
It can still seem scary, maybe even impossible, to become a saint. It’s good to remember that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. We all have to start somewhere in our path towards holiness.
How do you become holy? One step at a time. Jesus calls us to follow Him, but it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Each and every day is a new opportunity to say “Yes” to God. To choose His will instead of ours. To take another step in following Him. As a family, you have the opportunity to take these steps together.
Little steps to sanctity:
- Get up a few minutes early to invite Jesus into your day
- Create your own prayer to say as a family each week
- Sacrifice one small pleasure every day, and offer it up to God
- Take a moment each day to thank God for all the gifts He has blessed you with
- End your day by saying sorry for those times that you stumbled and struggled
Discuss as a family: What is another little step you can take together to grow in holiness this month?
Hail Mary, Full of Grace Coloring Sheet